Events Apprentice – 18 month contract, level 3 qualification
Fantastic opportunity to join Warner Bros. Studio Tour as our new Events Apprentice. Are you committed to delivering a high level of customer service? Knowledge of and an interest in tourism, leisure, attractions or the heritage industry? If so then we want to hear from you.
Primary Purpose of the Job
To support the organisation, operation and administration of events at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London to maximise revenue, convert sales opportunities and provide industry leading standards of customer service for visitors and clients.
- Work with the Event Manager (and Marketing and Commercial teams), to position Warner Bros. Studio Tour London (WBSTL) Events as a world class events business, and an integral part of services on offer at WBSTL.
- Support the Events Manager in the creation of marketing and sales proposals.
- Create the right professional example with all potential and actual clients.
- To support the organisation, operation and administration of events at WBSTL to maximise revenue, convert sales opportunities and to position WBSTL Events as the quality, market leader in the attractions’ events sector.
- Ensure sales targets are achieved, supporting the Events Manager with converting all commercial leads.
- Ensuring excellent Guest Care at all times, working to Guest Service standards as set by the Events Manager.
- Ensure events are presented to the highest standard and develop awareness, guidelines and tools for maintaining presentation.
- Administration of proposals, event stationary, sales trackers relating to events.
- Review event planning to prepare event materials in good time before the event delivery
- Communicate event details in a timely and accurate manner, showing awareness of other departmental deadlines
- Collate information and prepare reports ensuring accuracy.
- Adhere to all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all event visitors and staff.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Administrative experience in a similar environment (typically the tourism, leisure or heritage industry would be adventurous)
- Well organized and focused.
- Experience of having worked in an environment where emphasis is placed on service, standards and commercial management.
- Demonstration of accuracy in written work.
- Any experience of working within an events team would be advantageous.
- Interacts effectively with clients & staff, providing the highest levels of guest satisfaction.
- Problem solving across all areas on a daily basis.
- Respond to guidance to explore opportunities to increase sales
- Communicates in a timely & effective manner to enhance operations.
- IT literate – use of Microsoft Office Suite would be required.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage change.
- Independently work as part of a team with a flexible approach
- Educated to A level or equivalent standard with grade C or above in both English and Maths at GCSE.
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200 acre secure site has a quarter of a million square feet of stage space, back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and an 100 acre back-lot.
WBSL has a collection of sixteen sound stages, some of which are the largest in the UK. The site also has its own, on-site Production Rentals division, which provides the industry with state-of-the-art lighting equipment, scaffolding and production supplies for stage and location shoots. WB De Lane Lea based in Soho, London, provides state of the art facilities in audio post production for feature films and television. These facilities make Warner Bros. Entertainment the only Hollywood studio to own and operate a production and post production facility in the U.K.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter showcases the authentic sets, special effects and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter film series. Located at the Studios where all eight films were produced.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.